Saturday, August 18, 2007

Indonesian Personalized Prisma Stamps


Indonesia also produced personalized stamps. The stamps can be used as the advertisement of a company. It can also be a part of a family memorabilia. I have made stamps with a picture of me and my three little boys in front of the globe, with the official stamps picturing two hands are doing a shake hand in front of the Indonesian flag. I used these stamps to send letters to friends abroad. It should be conveying my message from Indonesia offering peace and collaboration to make a better world together.

When I went to Seoul, I bring a couple of stamps as I did not bring a picture of my family. A friend asked to have it as a token. So it could also serve as a souvenir.

Prisma stamp is also used to promote the last book of Harry Potter. Launched at the same day as the book launching, July 21st 2007, it has four series of stamps. Only one of them depicting Harry Potter, and this one is sold out already. We can still have it as a complete set of four series, but it is still too expensive for me. I’m not really a fan of Harry Potter so I just take photos from a man who came to buy a set for his friend. I'll write more about it in another article.



Picture 1: my own collection
Picture 2: poster, courtesy of PT Pos Indonesia

3 comments:

nivellism said...

Ini bagus bu. Bisa gak yah kita bikin online community dimana semua orang bisa datang dan share koleksi prangkonya? Biar gak cuma disimpan di album dan dilihat sendiri. Dan community ini juga akhirnya menjadi arsip permanen koleksi prangko di Indonesia.

Retty Hakim (a.k.a. Maria Margaretta Vivijanti) said...

Waduh maaf nggak terlihat komentarnya. Sebenarnya blog ini dibuat untuk promosi perangko Indonesia (supaya agak bergaung di dunia filateli). Selama ini kan hanya koleksi yang historis yang punya nilai dan dikenal. Sayangnya waktu saya untuk menulis kurang sekali. Mau bergabung? (Kok saya tidak bisa masuk ke blogspotnya?)

Duto said...

Hobies...never ending story....